Bye, bye week three. The semester is in full effect, and I am trying to remain as relaxed as possible. The highlight of my week was when two of my professors canceled class last week. It wasn’t a good thing they became ill, but it allowed me to get back on my feet and catch up on schoolwork. So, for that I was grateful!
Week three was quite exciting, and I continue to crawl out of my shell. I began my new job in the Office of Student Publications for UHCL’s The Signal as a Social Media Manager! I was nervous at first, but I know this opportunity will benefit me in the long run since I am a communication major. I am trying to remain as involved as possible and keeping up with UHCL’s events. Be sure to follow me on twitter @UHCLBlogger to see what’s going on around campus.
I wish all my peers would want to volunteer as much as I do, but I’m glad I have peers in the Hawk Leadership Institute that want to make a difference. It’s great giving back to the environment, but it is even better doing it with those who share the same vision as you do. I’m looking forward to completing more hours of service with HLI.
(Photo Credit: Stephanie Settlemire.)
(Volunteering for the Environmental Institute of Houston with Helen Nguyen, Julie Brenengen and Madison Stults)
I’ve been stuck in a dilemma. I’ve been trying to live a more active life style by eating right and moving more. This past week I have begun meal prepping in hopes of staying on track, and luckily it has worked well. I fell off track a few times, but I acknowledged my accomplishments instead of my mishaps. I will keep you all posted on my weight loss journey, and I have another blog series coming up on UHCL’s The Signal called Freshman-Twenty Five. It’s time to get serious!
Events coming up @ UHCL:
- Farmer’s Market from 10 – 6 p.m. on Feb. 9
- Black History Month Kickoff event starting at 11 a.m. in Atrium I on Feb. 10
- True Blue 4 You from 11:30 to 1:00 p.m. & 5:30-7:00 p.m. in the Student Life Office on Feb. 11
- BINGO at 1 p.m. in SSCB Lecture Hall on Feb. 11
- Handel’s Water Music at 8 p.m. in the Bayou Theater on Feb. 12- At the Door: $15 General Admission and $10 with UHCL ID. Try buying pre-sale tickets!
- School House of Rock from 7 – 11 p.m. in the Bayou Building on Feb. 13
- Princess Kaguya at 3 or 6 p.m. in the SSCB Lecture Hall on Feb. 14 – $4 or free to families with UHCL ID
- Chinese New Year from 7:00-9:30 p.m. in the Bayou Theatre on Feb. 14- Call Xiaoman Zhang, Web Developer @ 281-283-2943 for tickets! $5-7 tickets.