Whew, what a productive week. Just two more weeks and spring break is here. You have no idea how excited I am to do absolutely nothing! It’s going to be so great. As we all know, midterms are coming up and I don’t know about you, but I don’t think I am mentally prepared to handle this again. I’m hesitant to visit the Counseling Services Center because I’m not one to talk about my feelings. But I know they will be willing to listen even if I’m just stressed out about school. I really need to make an appointment to use the biofeedback machine they have. My mind has been everywhere lately, and it’s starting to affect my school work.
Science classes have not been my strong suit since my freshman year of high school, and I get so frustrated when I don’t understand what is happening in astronomy. I received a 68 on my first exam, and it really brought down my confidence. Technically, I didn’t fail, but in my mind I did. I just have to study harder next time. I’m not sure if there is any tutoring for astronomy, but I really hope there is. It’s an interesting subject, I just need to put forth more effort and maybe form a study group.
I’ve been so stressed lately, I haven’t put much effort into applying my makeup or wearing jeans. This past week, I stayed at school for more than five hours each day, and I would constantly have negative thoughts on my mind. This isn’t like me, and I really don’t like being a “negative Nancy.” I was totally overwhelmed, and I only had myself to blame. I decided to put my life into perspective and started counting off my blessings. I walked along the Nature Trail and zoned everything out. I set my phone on silent, listened to meditation music, sat down and started taking the deepest breaths I could. It will all be worth it in the long run, Bianca. I have a great support system at UHCL, and I know it’s up to me to ask for help. I should really make an appointment with our school’s chiropractor so I can relieve my body’s stress. Woo sahh.
Events happening @ UHCL:
- Texas State Teacher’s Association Bake Sale on March 3 from 11 – 4 p.m. in the SSCB
- From Wonder Woman to Ms. Thor: Feminism in Comic Books on March 3 at 3 p.m. in the Garden Room
- My Life Sucks Workshop Series: Calming the Crisis on March 4 at 5:30 p.m. in the Counseling Services Office 3.103
- Campus Recreation: 3 vs. 3 Basketball session on March 5 at 2 p.m. at the Delta Basketball Courts. Must have UHCL ID to participate. Be sure to register online.
- Day of Service on March 7. Time depends on the project you decide to participate in. You must register online!